BetterYou are a natural health company specialising in the supplementation of the growing number of key nutrients lost through our ever changing diet and lifestyle. They thought a customer service audit would provide valuable insight that would help improve their business.
The business was founded by Andrew Thomas in 2006 and has grown steadily through a combination of innovative product development initiatives, including an overriding desire to provide both trade clients and individual consumers with the best customer satisfaction and experience from purchase through to follow up advice and ongoing support.
The customer service audit found that the website had an overload of activity which impacted internal systems and processes and resulted in consumers not receiving products within given timelines and responses either late or missed.
We created an employee feedback survey using our diagnostic tool which gave insight across all cross functional teams and carried out a high-level customer touch point review.
By asking the Specific Team to undertake a thorough and detailed customer experience process review, we included a fingertip customer journey mapping exercise, internal process mapping and a responsibility/capability report.
We interviewed 20+ key team members from marketing through to distribution and identified EVERY internal touchpoint, process or workaround.
From this we provided a compelling view of the existing customer experience and the internal ‘noise’ that employees were experiencing, and highlighted significant operational efficiency opportunities which could be achieved.
Results so Far…
- Recruitment for the Customer Excellence service roles started immediately, and new team members joined the business during early 2021.
- Average response time to all customer enquiries is now 30 minutes versus 8 hours in January 2021.
- A defined Consumer Experience process with expert business owners, providing a closer relationship with product consumers than ever before. This underpinned the Customer Experience ambition of the BetterYou leadership team
- Efficiency across the business has improved the handling of consumer enquiries. The cost of faulty complaints and returns has reduced from £350 in January2021 to £22 in July 2021.
- Customer retention rates have increased from 17% in January to 45% in July 2021.
- A new BetterYou website has been launched, allowing for bigger growth in direct consumer contact.
If you find this interesting – talk to us about our range of training and business solutions
If you don’t see what you need straight away, call us for a discussion – we are business development experts using leadership development and client/customer insight as our lead.
For more information, go to www.specificlc.com and read our wealth of resources in our Learning Zone.